Consolidation of Standard Mechanisms manuals
Posté : 04 oct. 2026, 03:22
I have allways been curious to know how many different Standard Mechanisms Meccano has presented on its manuals printed in the past. Oscar Felgueiras, notorious and sistematic organizer of the Meccano production since its start up to a few years ago, told me that he considered the S.M. issues of 1926, 1929, 1933, 1934 and 1952 to be uniques, where several new mechanisms where replicated, some introduced, some omitted, several renumbered. The Meccanoindex site offers the images of their pages on the English, French, Spanish and other language's versions.
I copied the index page of the English manual version of the 5 years mentioned and obtained from Chat Gpt a consolidated Excell spreadsheet, numbering and naming each S.M. as presented on each of these issues which I attach. This list may be of use for further analisys of this data base.
I copied the index page of the English manual version of the 5 years mentioned and obtained from Chat Gpt a consolidated Excell spreadsheet, numbering and naming each S.M. as presented on each of these issues which I attach. This list may be of use for further analisys of this data base.